About Offline Server

Weylon Santana

Question

This is a question directed at @jcsnider and/or @Kibbelz. But anyone with knowledge, if you can help, i would be grateful.

Now it is Obligatorily to have internet and router with open doors to be able to make edits in the editor, or create accounts in the game, etc.?

Until b3, I was creating offline, I have no internet or router and the internet provider here does not provide the port opening on the router. (All providers in the area, unhappily). My plan was to design the project, test it on my friends' houses with routers and everything, and try to get a vps to the project host.

I am not able to create accounts or enter the editor (and the motive of course, everybody know), but without this feature, will have made it difficult for people like me (without financial conditions) to create a project without being able to enter the editor and / or Client.

If this is the reality I thought about creating the entire database in a word file (like a script) (npcs, items, etc) whatever i can do. And the maps in IB3 exporting in .imap and then upload in b4 (5 or later).

I have all the logic of my project, history, characters, graphics, i'm mading in word archives. I have not done anything yet with the intersect, I'm studying all its possibilities and functions and waiting until b6 (yes I have patience. A lot of updates always waken ideias, so i wait.)

With this great new feature from b4, I came across a difficulty in testing everything offline.
Is it no longer possible to make offline edits?

2 answers to this question

Offline edits should work as they always have. Just make sure the host in the client/resources/config.xml and editor/resources/config.xml are both set to localhost.

Make sure the port number in client/resources/config.xml, editor/resources/config.xml, and server/resources/config.xml are all 5400.

Even completely offline such as in the case where your PC doesn't have a wifi card or an ethernet (internet) cable attached you should be able to edit and play your game.

Edit: We fully intend to always allow offline editing. If offline editing ever breaks we will move heaven and hell to make it work again :) 

12 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Offline edits should work as they always have. Just make sure the host in the client/resources/config.xml and editor/resources/config.xml are both set to localhost.

Make sure the port number in client/resources/config.xml, editor/resources/config.xml, and server/resources/config.xml are all 5400.

Even completely offline such as in the case where your PC doesn't have a wifi card or an ethernet (internet) cable attached you should be able to edit and play your game.

Really @jcsnider, my mistake. I copied the files from my b3 project (items, entitles, etc) I selected every thing, and unintentionally I selected the b3 config file, I did not see it, I was soon giving some macabre errors, I put the original file again and it is all right. Now I will do a new translation for this intersect and any help I will contact again. And thanks for your patience with me. ;D