A Few Questions

brainyplayz

Question

First of all, Thank you so much for making this engine but i have a few questions.

1. Are we free to upload these games to steam?

2. How do i change the clients name, from intersect client to "xxxxx client"

3. How do i add a soundtrack to the game? so if i wanted to have it so music played while i was playing or walking around as i have a soundtrack

4. how do i make it so there are noises for certain actions such as A. Taking Damage B. Enemy Taking Damage. C. Entering a Building ETC ETC

5. how do i ad menu music

Sincerely Aaron

4 answers to this question

1. Yes.

2. Right Click on the "Intersect Client" then go down to rename and change its name.

3. Music needs to be placed in:  Client and Editor / Resources / Music 

You need to go to Map Properties to set the song for each map. You can also use Events to change the song playing.

4. You need to put Sound Effects  in: Client and editor / Resources / Sounds

You then can assign sounds to weapons, spells, etc. You can also use Events to play sounds for traps, doors, etc.  

5. *Not sure on this one, will get back to you.

2 hours ago, brainyplayz said:

First of all, Thank you so much for making this engine but i have a few questions.

1. Are we free to upload these games to steam?

2. How do i change the clients name, from intersect client to "xxxxx client"

3. How do i add a soundtrack to the game? so if i wanted to have it so music played while i was playing or walking around as i have a soundtrack

4. how do i make it so there are noises for certain actions such as A. Taking Damage B. Enemy Taking Damage. C. Entering a Building ETC ETC

5. how do i ad menu music

Sincerely Aaron

1. You can upload your game wherever you want.

2. You can rename the application like others programs/folders

3. You have to configure it in the map's property, but first you need to add the music you want to play in the resource/music folder. The audio must be .ogg.

4. I recommend you to take a look to the animator section (you can add sounds to the animations) and the event editor.

5. Client>Resources>Config.xml (<MenuBGM>my_music.ogg</MenuBGM>)