Custom Items/Resources

Gallus

Question

Unsure if this is a bug or not but, I've made some sprites for some resources and items in-game. They appear properly in the editor but, come live-game they appear invisible. Anyone know if I possibly did something wrong?

20 answers to this question

I made the sprites in Photoshop, exported them as transparent png, the resource I made was placed into the resource folder, and the items I made were placed into the items folder. The resources appear in the editor in the resource editor as well as on the map, and the items appear in the item editor but not on the map via the item spawn attribute. When loading the game via the client, after making sure to save the map and restart the server, the resource and item sprites appear as invisible yet still usable.

I hope this explains my situation clearly. If needed I can attempt to get screenshots but, i am at work currently posting via my phone.

38 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

and how  are you planning to screenshot invisible resources? :P

That's why I said if needed and attempt lol hard to show what isnt appearing lol

8 minutes ago, Damian666 said:

exactly lolz

But really though all joked aside do you know of a solution lol. I've never had tbis issue before, but i jist started a new project with new version. Havent done this for a while but I did all the right steps lol

7 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Screenshot your resource editor.

You can see over on the right, in the water, I have placed 3 of these fishing spots but, in-game they are invisible but, functioning.

191f880958cf1905c04c2b259abaaa76.png

bd041486a912efcbc7566f7f4c5100da.png

Okay, so I set the max HP equal to the min hp of 5. I save the resource, and save the map, start the client and it is invisible. Once back in the editor, the max hp has been automatically reset to 0. That might possibly be causing the issue.

But, that does not solve the item being invisible as well haha

35 minutes ago, Zeepanda said:

Did you copy the graphics to the client?
For the fishing rod did you make sure the graphic exists on the client and that it was actually set in the editor?

What exactly are you talking about "did I copy the graphics to the client"? The only place to push graphics is in the Client and Editor resources directory haha.

1 minute ago, Gallus said:

What exactly are you talking about "did I copy the graphics to the client"? The only place to push graphics is in the Client and Editor resources directory haha.

So that would be a yes to question 1... we only had confirmation that it was in the editor's resources since they were shown in your screenshots of the editor.

If the graphic is present for the resource in the client's resources directory, I can't reproduce your issue so it may have been fixed by Kibz or JC for Beta 4.
I'll ask again, did you actually set the fishing rod icon?

Max HP was fixed for Beta 4.

3 minutes ago, Zeepanda said:

So that would be a yes to question 1... we only had confirmation that it was in the editor's resources since they were shown in your screenshots of the editor.

If the graphic is present for the resource in the client's resources directory, I can't reproduce your issue so it may have been fixed by Kibz or JC for Beta 4.
I'll ask again, did you actually set the fishing rod icon?

Max HP was fixed for Beta 4.

Editor and Client share a resources directory.

I have set the fishing rod sprite as well as the fishing spot sprite. They both show as invisible entities within the game itself when running via the game client.

Good to hear the max hp was fixed for beta 4 haha

Just now, Zeepanda said:

Then I currently have no idea what's up.

This is also running beta 3.1 correct?

If so, open an issue and mention @Kibbelz in it (I am delegating this issue to him).
If not, update to 3.1.

Correct. Beta 3.1 is what I am currently using. On a fresh install, so it has been an issue right off the bad as of last night when I started.

I will start an issue thread and mention Kibbelz as soon as I have a moment at work haha.