Server Hosting

Lyim

Question

I know I am nowhere close to having a playable game with objectives and all that but recently I got thinking about what I am going to do for hosting the server for my game. I sure as hell wont be running it on my PC, so I would like to know what/where I have to look for server hosting. How does it work? I know its going to cost money but how much? Can I get some links? Thanks!

11 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Mapyo said:

@jcsnider did this ever end up happening? If it did can you tell me where I have to go to get set up. : 

Thats going to happen but with the significant server-side performance upgrades in Beta 4 we are waiting until that is released to continue planning 

2 minutes ago, Mapyo said:

Thanks for the replies all!

@jcsnider does that mean I am not able to host my server through Michael's website? Or can I however its just not optimized for Intersect and could make it difficult to interface  with the server

You are welcome to order a VPS through Michael's company but it will be just that, a Linux VPS. Meaning you will be in charge of setting it up, securing it, getting Intersect to work, doing backups, messing with the firewall/iptables, etc all on your own as if you bought a VPS from anywhere else.  The benefit to the new system we are developing on will allow them to do all of that for you, so you can solely focus on your game.

1 hour ago, Mapyo said:

@jcsnider Ahh, okay thanks! I think I'll still go with them because of the crazy low pricetag. Its only $11.94 CAD.

And I know you have been asked this a BILLION times... But any updates on Beta 4's release date?

No, and you readily admitted that the question has been beat to death. We're getting a release date question on average at least once per day — we will tell you guys when something is decided.

Thanks for the replies all!

@jcsnider does that mean I am not able to host my server through Michael's website? Or can I however its just not optimized for Intersect and could make it difficult to interface  with the server

@jcsnider Ahh, okay thanks! I think I'll still go with them because of the crazy low pricetag. Its only $11.94 CAD.

And I know you have been asked this a BILLION times... But any updates on Beta 4's release date?