Spell buff not stack?

Miharukun

Question

Like what the title says, how to make spell buff not stack? Like I made a spell called "Attack Buff" that gives +50 attack and set the cooldown to 10 seconds and the buff time into 60 seconds. And after 10 seconds I use it again, the attack stats become +100 and the buff time probably is 110 seconds. How to make it like if we use it again the buff stay the same but the buff time reset to 60 seconds again? Because if it's stack, it makes the game unbalanced x-x I tried to make the cooldown to 60 seconds and buff time to 55 seconds, and it still makes the game unbalanced because when a player dies, they need to wait a couple seconds for the new buff. And if I made the buff time into 30 mins and the cooldown to 35 mins, then players need to wait for a couple mins for the new buff.

Sorry if my explanation is confusing, my English is bad xD

4 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

We just need to check for existing buffs from the same spell and update instead of adding multiple buffs to the player from the same spell. We will definitely get this fixed but open up that bug report like Panda requested. :) 

Can confirm he did: 

15 minutes ago, SPQR Panda said:

Please open a suggestion for beta 3 here please: https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/community/forum/64-bugs-suggestions/

This is definitely under consideration. From my experience testing buffs, it does not increase the buff time, so you should be able to set the cooldown and buff time to the same number until this feature gets implemented.

Alrighty, thanks panda! :D