animated door events?

Justn

Question

Im pretty new at using the event system on this engine. I am trying to make a a 4 frame door animate opening when pressing the action button. I have tried to do it the way its setup in rpgmaker through the move route face left, right ect. But no matter what i do it is always just showing the first closed door sprite. I tired setting the change pic instead and still nothing. Can anyone help me set this up?

5 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Justn said:

Im pretty new at using the event system on this engine. I am trying to make a a 4 frame door animate opening when pressing the action button. I have tried to do it the way its setup in rpgmaker through the move route face left, right ect. But no matter what i do it is always just showing the first closed door sprite. I tired setting the change pic instead and still nothing. Can anyone help me set this up?

You could use switches to change the sprite which makes it look like it moves.

Yea i guess that would work. It worked for a locked door event i had. I guess the move route turning/face direction stuff isnt working?  The event always seems just want to face the player and doesn't process the turn commands.

Ok I have made some progress I think. I found it works as it does in rpgmaker if I unchecked "global event" I thought global means all players could see the door open I think I don't understand what global event means. when I unchecked it the door opened. Notice how it says Move route for [event name]. 

event_non_global.png

When I go back to edit the event it shows this:

deletedevent.png

this doesn't seem to cause any issues with the event running but just wanted to point it out.

This is the basic move route for the door animating. 

moveroute.png

So the basic door animation will work if global event is unchecked. Could someone explain what global event means in intersect?