Server Connection Issue?

Aesthetic

Question

I'm not gonna post this in bugs because I believe it's an issue with my virtual machine itself and not the server. So I finally got my client to connect to the server however it doesn't really connect. Upon logging in instead of telling me that the server is offline like normal the screen simply fades to black like its starting to put you in-game but then the menu music just loops and nothing happens except for a blank screen and this error in the server:

d44a93beff03b0bd53376dea0ff23aa9.png

If anyone has any knowledge of stuff like this and has any insight to what could be wrong please lemme know, ty.

PS: I've already created both inbound and outbound rules for the ports and even gone as far as turning the firewall off completely to test if that was the issue, the problem persists.

8 answers to this question

After some research i've found that Windows Server 2012 - 2016 have different protocols for allowing ports and it requires a very long, drawn out, and complicated process regarding SSH forwarding and a lot of general nonsense. So tomorrow i will replace the server with Windows Server 2008 and see if i can have some success, thank you for the help everyone.

Virtual Machine? What OS are you running behind the VM?

How to fix (If on Linux): Follow JCs guide to running the server natively instead of on a Virtual Machine.... 

If client is being run from Linux: Stop running the client from Linux, this is a Windows project,

If not Linux: Provide more details (If you ARE running linux provide more details anyway like which flavor etc.)

As for the firewall: If this connection was made on the server PC itself, this doesn't matter. If you made the connection remotely, you did not provide that detail... (see previous line of this reply)

PS: Activate Windows ;)

Could it be because its windows 2012? Maybe a windows 2008 server would be a better option?

Also you tested to make sure the same copy of the server your using is not doing the same thing when your just host it locally on your comp and run the client?