Copy/Pasting Events

Diefool

Question

When working in Intersect I can select the current layer only (event layer in this situation). I can copy an event and then paste it in the editor but the "pasted event" is just a new, blank event.

Is there an optional way to achieve this? I have a base event I would like to copy and make modifications to each "template copy".... or maybe there is a way to store an event as a template? (possible future function? If not, I'll hack it in when source is available no biggie) Would be so much easier than re-creating the same event with minor modifications over the scope of my project.

Thanks for any replies!

4 answers to this question

If you make a common event with no trigger selected. Then add a normal event to your map with the trigger you want. Just call the common event in that event. You should be able to use this method to make the same event over and over again throughout your game. 

Rather then recreating it each time.

@Niko This may be a little off topic of the OP... I have had some luck with triggering common events. However, I would be thrilled if there were "parallel common events" that constantly ran on a global scale as long as conditions were met.

The only built in triggers are none (must be triggered), player logging in, and player level up. It's a good start to a common event system, just requires a little more functionality as of now. I just sit back patient for now and wait for the updates that get us so much closer each time.

On 9/22/2016 at 1:28 PM, Niko said:

You should be able to use this method to make the same event over and over again throughout your game.

About this... I meant in the sense of having a template, and pasting it down in three places.

Add additional functions to the template copies that are unique to each event made from the template. (not have the exact same event everywhere)

EDIT: Also, being able to locally save templates would allow copying and pasting the events in different maps. I definitely do not want exact clones everywhere in my project though, I hate re-use in videgames.... every object should have at least one thing unique about it.