Upgrading to 0.7.2 let the console and editor say it's on 0.7.1.120

Artheios

Question

Hello, i figured out that the engine has passed to 0.7.2. I'm working on windows 11 with 0.7.1.120 (always upgrading since one year with the latest main build) and all go well. When attempting download any file proposed (full/upgrade/patch) it appears that there's only .md files in both server and editor/client folder and only a ressource file in the editor/client folder.

4ed690b92e781836d15d2b949cfe4cfb.png
When starting the server and the editor/client stay in 0.7.1.120 version but all work well.

Is this normal ? If someone could explain me if it is or not, i would be grateful. Have a nice day all.

2 answers to this question

@Artheios v0.7.2-beta.2 had a bad workflow file, which worked fine when it was on my personal repo testing it due to bad cache-related configuration.

I have since fixed the workflow and v0.7.2-beta.7 has the full downloads, but... they report the wrong version. KEKWait

This is because of the build caching, where it actually skips recompiling the binaries if nothing changes but the build number is based on the actual GitHub run. Before publishing build #7, I ran it once to verify that everything worked correctly in debug mode (it does not publish anything) and so since nothing actually changed between the two, it did not recompile to change the binary number.

I think that this probably also applied to when I bumped the version from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2, because I didn't actually modify a .cs file to do that, it was a change in a .props file.

Until we have another build that actually changes code however, the binaries will not actually recompile and so the version number won't change -- that said, v0.7.2-beta.7 does contain updated binaries, so you can use that in the interim, let me know if you find any more problems in that. I will see what I can do to make the release information match the binary numbers but that may take a few days.

Hello thanks for your quick response as always ^^. For now i can use the engine as i've always done so there's no great matter. But i was thinking you would propably want to know that there might be a problem (wasn't sure of this part ^^). Thanks again Mighty Panda for your hard work ^^.

Edit : All seems to work well with the latest update, both console and editor/client says 0.7.2.6. :ok