Importing Maps

gaveitatry

Question

In the update instructions, it says to overwrite or edit the Server config file, add & overwrite the upgrade files - gui, fonts, and attributes, and then replace the exes.  It seems like a lot of work, and it didn't work for me because I got some error message when I started the 1.4 Server exe.  So I am going to do a fresh installation and create my maps over again. I only had five empty maps and it will only take five seconds to recreate them.  The only things that I will import from 1.3 will be my Entities, Tilesets, and Misc images.  But is there a way that I can also import my 1.3 Maps?  Where are these created Maps stored at?  The db file?  Basically what I want to do for the 1.5 upgrade is do a clean install and replace the Entities, Tilesets, and Misc folders with my 1.4 ones and also import my 1.4 completed Maps.  How do I do that?

10 answers to this question

Problem solved.  I made the mistake of only copying and replacing the exe files instead of the dlls and other stuff too.  Thanks.  I now know what to do in the future.  1.4 fixed a lot of bugs and added a lot of new improvements, but I will use 1.3 for now until the 800 x 600 resolution comes back in 1.5.

You're asking the wrong questions take a step back. Let's try to fix the main problem for everyone instead of a workaround.

12 minutes ago, gaveitatry said:

I got some error message when I started the 1.4 Server exe.

What error message was this? Can you please send me that info and/or the errors.log in the Server/Resources folder so we can debug the problem.

the images can just be copied over, that's no problem, things like npc's, maps etc are stored in the .db indeed.

so in theory, you could just use the db that is there. when that errors, there is something else wrong, and that will require input from jc :)

Sorry, I selfishly and very hastily ignored the error message and deleted everything.  But I retrieved it from my Trash folder and the error message was:

Message :Field not found: 'Intersect_Library.Options.MaxDashSpeed'.<br/>
StackTrace :   at Intersect_Server.Classes.General.ServerOptions.LoadOptions()
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

After some more searching, I found that the fault was my own.  I had mistyped the config entry for MaxDashSpeed.  I had typed <<MaxDashSpeed>200</MaxDashSpeed> instead of <MaxDashSpeed>200</MaxDashSpeed>.

But then I changed it to <MaxDashSpeed>200</MaxDashSpeed>, and got the same error message again.  Maybe I made a mistake with the spacing before the entry?

This is what I have in the config file:
  <Player>
    <MaxStat>255</MaxStat>
    <MaxLevel>100</MaxLevel>
    <MaxInventory>35</MaxInventory>
    <MaxSpells>35</MaxSpells>
    <MaxBank>100</MaxBank>
    <MaxDashSpeed>200</MaxDashSpeed>
  </Player>

@Damian666

That's perfect!  That's what I needed.  I prefer doing it this way from now on.  Doing a clean install of the updated program, transferring my Misc, Entities, and Tilesets folder images, and replacing the db file too.  It's working like I want it to, so I am good to go.  But JCSnider is a thorough person, so he will probably want me to run some tests on the the other Intersect installation before I can delete it.

@jcsnider

I think that the best thing for me to do is install a fresh copy of 1.3, then use your update instructions to replace the update files and exes, and then see if I can get 1.4 working.  If not I will zip the contents and send it to you.  Be back in a bit.  By the way, I am not replacing the config file when I do this.  I am following the instructions that say how to add the MaxDashSpeed under MaxBank.

16 minutes ago, gaveitatry said:

Sorry, I selfishly and very hastily ignored the error message and deleted everything.  But I retrieved it from my Trash folder and the error message was:

Message :Field not found: 'Intersect_Library.Options.MaxDashSpeed'.<br/>
StackTrace :   at Intersect_Server.Classes.General.ServerOptions.LoadOptions()
   at Intersect_Server.Classes.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

After some more searching, I found that the fault was my own.  I had mistyped the config entry for MaxDashSpeed.  I had typed <<MaxDashSpeed>200</MaxDashSpeed> instead of <MaxDashSpeed>200</MaxDashSpeed>.

But then I changed it to <MaxDashSpeed>200</MaxDashSpeed>, and got the same error message again.  Maybe I made a mistake with the spacing before the entry?

This is what I have in the config file:
  <Player>
    <MaxStat>255</MaxStat>
    <MaxLevel>100</MaxLevel>
    <MaxInventory>35</MaxInventory>
    <MaxSpells>35</MaxSpells>
    <MaxBank>100</MaxBank>
    <MaxDashSpeed>200</MaxDashSpeed>
  </Player>

Looks fine to me. Mind zipping your server folder (right click on the folder and send to -> compressed zip folders), uploading that zip it to our fileshare and pming the link to me in order to investigate?

@jcsnider

I replicated the steps a second time.  I'm ready to send this compressed folder to you, but when I go to the File Host page, the Submit and Back to Home buttons are grayed out.  I clicked Browse, found my compressed folder, and then clicked the Submit button anyway.  Then the Mozilla Firefox tab shows that it is Connecting...  After a minute or two, it finishes "Connecting...", but then the screen looks exactly the same - no changes.  It doesn't list my zip anywhere on the page after it has completed.  Is there another way that I can send the compressed folder to you?  I don't have any experience with File Hosts so I don't know any websites that I can use.  If you tell me of a File Host website to use or if this can be sent via Yahoo email, then I can send it to you.

UPDATE: I used filehosting.org and uploaded it.  Just PM'd you the download link.  Hopefully it works.