Giving player an effect

IVeve

Question

Is there a way to give a player an effect from an event/something else in the Editor? For example, if they enter some map, they'd get a spell cast on them that gives them invulnerability. If that's a no-go from the editor, could I get pointed to relevant files in the source to edit?

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, IVeve said:

The condition part I understand, but how do you apply a buff/debuff to the player?

I'm not sure there is. I recommend using the open source version to dev your fav feature

There is actually a way of doing this. Create an npc with no sprite and make sure to remove the name completely so it is blank. Then make an event that auto runs to spawn a single npc on a desired tile and have it spawn the npc you created. Give the npc the spell you want. Make sure you have the npc blocked into an area inaccessible to the players so the player cannot walk up an attack it (maybe a blocked wall inside a dungeon). You could also make a self switch in the event that as soon as is spawns one npc it turns itself off by linking to a blank event page. This way you will not spawn 100's, not sure if this would do what you want it to.