Three frame movement issue.

bluebean

Question

So I wanted to set my movement frames to be 3, like in RPG maker Vx. In order to do that, I need to set the "Normalframes" in the server config to 3 correct?

"Sprites": {
    "IdleFrames": 4,
    "NormalFrames": 3,
    "CastFrames": 4,
    "AttackFrames": 4,
    "ShootFrames": 4,
    "WeaponFrames": 4,
    "NormalSheetAttackFrame": 3,
    "NormalSheetDashFrame": 1,
    "MovingFrameDuration": 200,
    "IdleFrameDuration": 800,
    "TimeBeforeIdle": 500

Like so.  I have done this and restarted my server, but it still appears as if its trying to animate them at 4 frames. Is there something I'm doing wrong that i'm missing? Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

Just now, Xiphoid said:

Use this

This isn't what I was asking to do though, I want to use 3 frame movement .I have sprites that only work in 3 frames. I don't want to use XP styled sheets. I'm asking how to make the server animation 3 frames instead of 4.

3 minutes ago, bluebean said:

This isn't what I was asking to do though, I want to use 3 frame movement .I have sprites that only work in 3 frames. I don't want to use XP styled sheets. I'm asking how to make the server animation 3 frames instead of 4.

4 frames should be used. this is Intersect - a new gen rpgmaker but online

Just now, nvh said:

4 frames should be used. this is Intersect - a new gen rpgmaker but online

But I don't want to use four frames, I want to use 3. I have quadruped sprite sheets that do not look correct when using four frames. If it is not possible to use three frames then say that instead.

2 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

You'd think changing the frame setting below 4 should work. If it doesn't it might be worth putting up a bug report.

It definitely didn't work. I figured "It might just not count it below 4, so it'll do nothing. " So i put my 4 frame sheets back in, and they still glitched up. Switched between the two to test, so you cannot set it lower then 4 from my small experiment.  It's definitely dividing the sheets in strange way when using those settings.

I suggest posting an issue up on GitHub about it and including a sample graphic and how it looks in game.

It's where bug reports are handled. No promise it'll be fixed right away but at least it'll be known and tracked.