Item Sprite Size On World Map

trollface

Question

How can I have the sprite which represents an item not look like it's squished?

The sword in my player's hand is the sprite size I want to lay on the ground. Under the item Sword, I'm not given a way to change the sprite size. All sizes look the exact same way, squished ( or low resolution).

2ce230bdd31690049f3c5f7a1fb0a0b2.png

5 answers to this question

You will need to edit your source for something like this. Currently the item editor is looking for a 32x32 icon of the item that will be rendered in the inventory menu as well as being shown on the map. I would add either a second pic in the item editor for dropping on the map or the lazy way I would do it is modify the code that draws items to the map to look for the item picture filename with a modifier on the end (like the sprite animations) and make two graphics for each item.  sword.png (icon for item editor) and sword_map.png (for dropping on the map) 

Actually there is a bug related with this. I will open the bug report later, but if you change your tile size from 32 to 48 but still use 32x32 item icons in your gui, the item icons will resize to 48x48 when falling to the ground. Afak, the expected behaviour is to not rescaling but centering the image in the tile.

5 minutes ago, trollface said:

I'm currently scouring the server source code for image manipulation for maps. I assume it's under the server source?

All of that stuff is in the Client>Core>Graphics I believe.

Oof... If anyone knows where in the code this is located, please let me know. I'm new to code, and looking around, but can't find anything pertaining to 32x32 sprite sizes so I can change it. 

As with all my requests... I'll pay you for your expertise :) Just shoot me a DM if you want to keep these things private.