1 HP?

Eridonis

Question

5 answers to this question

You have to create a common event that activates on respawn, then you have to check the level of the player so you known how much hp you will subtract using the "Restore HP" command with negative values, for example, if every time the player level ups gains 20 hp then at level 3 you would have to substract 59 hp so he is left with 1 (you can't put an ammount bigger that the player's max hp, i tried and didn't work)
Example:
43a3162617292126010a068a9226a5b1.png

But there is a problem, if your classes gain hp at a different rate you would have to add more pages to the event, one for each class thats different, from level 1 to 100 and that would be very tedious and maybe bad for performance.

There could be a better way to do it, but right now this is the only way i can think of using events.

4 hours ago, Sammo P. said:

You have to create a common event that activates on respawn, then you have to check the level of the player so you known how much hp you will subtract using the "Restore HP" command with negative values, for example, if every time the player level ups gains 20 hp then at level 3 you would have to substract 59 hp so he is left with 1 (you can't put an ammount bigger that the player's max hp, i tried and didn't work)
Example:
43a3162617292126010a068a9226a5b1.png

But there is a problem, if your classes gain hp at a different rate you would have to add more pages to the event, one for each class thats different, from level 1 to 100 and that would be very tedious and maybe bad for performance.

There could be a better way to do it, but right now this is the only way i can think of using events.

Was thinking of this too but what do I do about items that give HP. Then I would have to make arguments that would reduce the bonus HP as well?

3 hours ago, Eridonis said:

Was thinking of this too but what do I do about items that give HP. Then I would have to make arguments that would reduce the bonus HP as well?

You're right, i forgot about that... then you would also have to unequip everything and i don't known if thats possible throught events yet?.
In the end as they say source edit will be the best way to do it, better than this event madness XD.

Or else, why would you bother about putting player to 1Hp when he's back ? I know it's means to be a drawback of dying, but if you will to make the player loose time, just make a "Death Path" that the player have to walk to get back to life, and make it as long as you need for a penalty, you can also make it longer depending on where he died or the actual player level.

You can even make that something useful in your lore or put "secrets" inside.