Character Generator Sprites Are Off Center

Lyim

Question

I've just tried the Character Generator today with some custom assets however when I import them into the game they are a tile off/above where they should be. I tried taking them into gimp and lowering them so they are aligned with where they should be however this just makes it worse. When the character is facing down it looks normal and fine, but when the character turns left or right, the same problem happens and they are way off from where they should be. Is there a grid set-up I can use so I can align my characters?

I think my problem here is the large weapons I give the characters. Since they are NPC's they cant equip paperdoll's (if I am correct) so I have to give them their weapons in the character builder, otherwise they look stupid having a swinging animation without a weapon, however the Character Generator adds spacing between the characters if an accessory (what I use to put weapons on characters) is too large. What makes no sense is that spaces like this exist in entities that already exist in the engine when you download it fresh, but they work fine (example below).

Normal Character Assets:

be4057cc9e5ac1c597b27479ce0b20eb.png

Spaced Out Character Assets:

ab25e2aae258dbbfa9b3e3b4c118e43f.png

Both of these work fine and stand exactly where they should be, yet the Orcs in the lower photo is spaced out.

What grid size in pixels do I need to align my characters to for this to work?

4 answers to this question

VX/VXA's RTP uses 32x32, MV's is 48x48(?), I THINK XP is 32x48 but it's been a long time, RM2k/3 is something like 24x32. The later versions allow you to use larger sprite sizes though in pretty much the same way you can do it with Intersect.