Animated tiles and autotiles?

lurv

Question

I've ALWAYS had a problem with animated and autotiles. I've never really known how they work and how they grab their frames and in which order. On the older eclipse engines(stable, EE2.7) animated tiles would have 2 frames next to each other in the tileset, but the later engines show a weird 6x3 tile selection when making animated tiles while the autotiles show a 2x3 selection.

Any tutorials on this? I've been wondering for a long time since i wanna make animated water textures

3 answers to this question

If they work like they do in RPG Maker then it depends what your trying to make.

AT-OSeperate.png

AT-XSeperate.png

Read up on this tutorial here: http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/anatomy-of-an-autotile/

I attached how to do water as well, change the way water moves in 4 through 9 to make it look wavy but in frames 2,3, and 4

Frame 1 Frame 2 Frame 3 Frame 4

\/                \/             \/             \/

image.png

What yeroC said. 

Follow the guide he found here to create a basic water autotile.

AT-OSeperate.png

Once your autotile is made and working you can make small changes to it for separate frames. Intersect supports 3 frames so just set 3 versions of your autotile side by side, use the animated autotile option and start drawing. You should get a really nice effect.

QF1WY0R6BtI70busv7.png