Common event /commands to play sprite animation

gooby

Question

Unless I'm missing something, there is no way currently to make a common event /command to play a sprite animation specific to your sprite.

For example, typing "/beg" would play the begging animation for your sprite that ends in "_Beg" :)

EDIT:

- this would also be useful for making a "_Swim" animation when walking on designated water tiles

- useful for event-pets to make them stop moving and change sprite to sit if they have a "_Sit" animation

9 answers to this question

You can do this but not sure how well it would look (also wont work in different directions, only the direction you do for the sprite):

• Create the animation for your sprite as an animation
  1. Create a common event that will trigger on command /beg
  2. Have the player "Hide" on trigger of event then
  3. Play the animation you created On the players location
  4. Have a wait that matches the time of the animation then
  5. Unhide player

2 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

You can do this but not sure how well it would look (also wont work in different directions, only the direction you do for the sprite):

• Create the animation for your sprite as an animation
  1. Create a common event that will trigger on command /beg
  2. Have the player "Hide" on trigger of event then
  3. Play the animation you created On the players location
  4. Have a wait that matches the time of the animation then
  5. Unhide player

Would only work without paperdolls though! 

12 minutes ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

Would only work without paperdolls though! 

Hiding the player also hides paper dolls, but yeah if use PD char would be a naked begging >_< unless you have in your animation the player changes into a scruffy clothes and looks like a begger?

20 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Well if you do sprites based on classes you can, as would just be a condition

Ah i see how that would work for base class sprites. But it wouldnt also work for equipment paperdolls, right? That's sort of what im getting at

18 minutes ago, gooby said:

Ah i see how that would work for base class sprites. But it wouldnt also work for equipment paperdolls, right? That's sort of what im getting at

No it wont work with paperdolls, as when you hide a player it also hides the paperdolls. But like I said you could do summit nifty like, have the animation sprite look like a begger, so its like the player changes into a begger.

3 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

No it wont work with paperdolls, as when you hide a player it also hides the paperdolls. But like I said you could do summit nifty like, have the animation sprite look like a begger, so its like the player changes into a begger.

it just doesnt look right doing it that way, id rather have it done properly.

i also edited my post with other uses for it, hopefully to entice someone to make this happen!

4 minutes ago, gooby said:

it just doesnt look right doing it that way, id rather have it done properly.

i also edited my post with other uses for it, hopefully to entice someone to make this happen!

Doing it as a _beg would work and can be done by editing the source, but then you would have to do the paperdolls for each frame on begging. Total doable