Block

Weylon Santana

Question

Since the beginning of the intersect I saw that there is a block [to defend], there is a button for it. But I never saw it in use, I never managed to get the message "BLOCK" to appear in the game. And I have doubts about that.

1 - What is the block?
2 - How do you activate it? [I know you need a shield, but I tried to defend normal blows and projectiles and I couldn't]
3 - Is there any configuration that I did not see which server to activate it?
4 - Is the player's status taken into account?
5 - What does it eat and where does it live? [hahaha joke]

I know there are 4 questions, and the rule is 1 question per topic, but those 4 questions are related to the same topic. I believe it must be within the rules. If not, I can ask each of these questions on a different topic [moderators, notify me first if I'm wrong]

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Weylon Santana said:

I thank you, I tried to defend normal attack, attack with someone equipped with a sword, magic projectile, I tried that and failed, and it has always been like that as I remember. It would be nice if there was some function explained or shown how it works.

Searching the forums it seems the Block function doesnt work.

I will use a Shield spell in place of it until there is a fix.

I haven't done any block work yet as it is a 'relatively' new feature.

But I know there is a Block under 'effects' for spells. It may be activated as a spell only, but I could surely be wrong.

I just found the link to the Dev Blog when it was added:

Seems it is a feature of shields, not only a spell effect.

2 hours ago, CosakiGames said:

I haven't done any block work yet as it is a 'relatively' new feature.

But I know there is a Block under 'effects' for spells. It may be activated as a spell only, but I could surely be wrong.

I just found the link to the Dev Blog when it was added:

Seems it is a feature of shields, not only a spell effect.

No, this spell shield effect I know what it is and how it works.

The Block I'm talking about is when you press Q, while you have a "shield" equipped.

There is how to configure this key in configurations. There is on server_strigs in the combat area "BLOCK!"

If you hold Q while equipped with a shield and try to walk it will move extremely slowly.

There is some function for him, but I don't know.

It doesn't protect against normal attack, it doesn't protect against projectiles, I tested it for a while and I couldn't make it happen. This is my doubt.

1 hour ago, CosakiGames said:

Oh I got you.

Yeah I tested the Q key block today and it didnt seem to do anything besides what you mentioned. Might be bugged. If I find any other configs for it besides the delay I will post here.

I thank you, I tried to defend normal attack, attack with someone equipped with a sword, magic projectile, I tried that and failed, and it has always been like that as I remember. It would be nice if there was some function explained or shown how it works.

39 minutes ago, CosakiGames said:

Searching the forums it seems the Block function doesnt work.

I will use a Shield spell in place of it until there is a fix.

I had searched and found only a video of kibbelz blocking a projectile, I tried and failed. So that must be it, I am putting your answer as the best.