Not Working

Ruby

Question

7 answers to this question

Hey, Ruby,

1. You have to port forward Port 5400 TCP and UDP in your router`s settings for the PC that runs the server (your internal IP 192.168.1.21).

2. Your external IP adress (your "official" adress in the internet) changes daily (when you tested, it was 217.131.125.156).

3. You have to write this external IP in the client's config.json. For a game session, you can look it up in your router's settings, rewrite the .json and send the rewritten config.json to a friend to see if they can connect to your server.

Hope I could help.

3 minutes ago, Ruby said:

I tried everything! disabled my firewall and other stuffs but nothing happens , i can't make it online. 

Networking is complex. Unfortunately it's not as simple as flicking a switch 90% of the time.  Read the following thread to learn more, and to learn how to provide the information we need in order to potentially help:

https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/3432-read-first-getting-your-game-online/

Ah yeah i'm sorry, let me give my full information x.x

-my console screenshot; consolescreenshot

-netdebug link"

-Operating System Windows

-I did but not worked (Firewall)

-I did but not worked (Antivirus)

-Home location

i did all steps but mm not working :( when i open the game it says closed in the server status ( tries to load it few mins then offline pops up)

Looks good to me:

1879566f10fa45a21b456e30ffa2616e.png

What does your client configuration look like?

Also, note, some routers don't like internal applications that try to use their own external ips.. so while you may have to distribute your game with the 217.X.X.X ip you may still need to use 127.0.0.1 locally.

16 hours ago, Uranochos said:

Hey, Ruby,

1. You have to port forward Port 5400 TCP and UDP in your router`s settings for the PC that runs the server (your internal IP 192.168.1.21).

2. Your external IP adress (your "official" adress in the internet) changes daily (when you tested, it was 217.131.125.156).

3. You have to write this external IP in the client's config.json. For a game session, you can look it up in your router's settings, rewrite the .json and send the rewritten config.json to a friend to see if they can connect to your server.

Hope I could help.

Maaan thanksss