Fire Red Rom Contest

Giligis

Out of curiosity, who would be interested in taking part in a "rom contest" where we see who can progress through Fire Red rom the quickest, best, etc. With certain emulators we could potentially trade or battle, something anyone would be interested in?

i assume you'd have to print screen your game time after beating the elite 4. However, people can use emulator speedups and also just simply edit the image text. A solution to that would be to upload the save files however those are easily modified alongside different fire red hack roms would allow others to complete the game faster. A better solution would be to do the competition when JC and Damian's pokemon game is released with all the original content.

Way I would do it would be purely for fun with no reward really so there's no point in cheating. However what I planned on doing is taking a screenshot at the end of every day, week, etc, and posting your badges, your money, and the Pokemon team your with, with a lil synopsis of where you are in the story. Also take an ss of your pokedex. Can start at Fire Red and eventually move into new roms. I would hate to see people cheat it's just an honor system really. Maybe have certain cheats available different days, like one day master balls is enabled but then the next day it's walk through walls so you can't use master balls. Would have to be a super honor system. Or we can go no cheats. 

Edited by yeroC

I won't cheat but I won't play without speed up either.. Doesn't it count for the ingame time though? Would probably put me speeding at a disadvantage because Ill spend most of my time running into walls.

I just don't like pokemanz at normal speeds (I know, kill me)

EDIT: Let's do it nuzlocke style though. To add a bit of a challenge and it makes for more interesting stories when talking about your progress

Edited by Kasplant
More things to say and I can't double post. Duhh

I also play with the game sped up so no worries. I was thinking about that you can play sped up, however what sucks is not everyone likes that(maybe) so puts others at a disadvantage however, it's not like they don't have the choice. If we get another person, we start up on a specific date (today, tommorrow, etc).