How to Use Bigger Sprites (like 256x256)

EduKrowlley

Question

Hi guys!

How can I use bigger sprites inside Intersect?

I don't want to make my game bigger, on the screen, just wanna use bigger sprites to gain more quality on my sprites (my sprites are exported of 3d models).

6 answers to this question

I believe that the engine takes the total size of the sheet, and divides it by 4, both vertically and horizontally. for you to disable this must change in the source.

2 hours ago, buu said:

I think if you go into paint or whatever and resize them by % (like 200% for example) it should work. 

Uh, that's not what he's asking.

Anyhow, you'd likely need to change the destination rectangle for all your sprites and have a way to configure how large they need to be. Currently they're rendered at the same size they're taken from the sprite sheet.

8 hours ago, Celtos said:

I believe that the engine takes the total size of the sheet, and divides it by 4, both vertically and horizontally. for you to disable this must change in the source.

In this case I don't need even change anything, if the actual system of engine works like you've said, it is exactly what I want. Gonna test this and report here if worked. Thank you'all guys.

17 minutes ago, EduKrowlley said:

In this case I don't need even change anything, if the actual system of engine works like you've said, it is exactly what I want. Gonna test this and report here if worked. Thank you'all guys.

It works, the hitbox will still be a 32x32 tile at the bottom middle of your sprite though. Projectiles will also fire from that tile, so keep that in mind!

2 minutes ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

It works, the hitbox will still be a 32x32 tile at the bottom middle of your sprite though. Projectiles will also fire from that tile, so keep that in mind!

Yep! Worked! Bigger sprites exported from a 3D model on Blender, worked perfectly!