Player Variable as Boolean

Minamoto Yoshitsune

Question

9 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, SkyZero said:

Why when I try to set the variable to false it does not set?
I was trying to make a system where when activating a variable as true it automatically set another variable as false, but it doesn't

You have to set variable to a boolean in editor.

What you are trying to do is possible.

But that's what I did, in the variable editor I set to boolean, but when I'm going to hold a common event to change from true to false or the opposite doesn't happen, it stays set to true forever.

My idea was to create with these boolean variables a way to enter information that would define the character, such as receiving new missions and even requiring use of equipment.

When you create the new variable and make it a boolean, click off it and click onto a different variable you have, then reselect the boolean you just made... is it still a boolean?

I had a issue a while back that is wasnt saving as a boolean, but click off it and back on seemed to fix it.

But I believe this was fixed in newer versions as Ive not had this issue since.

1 hour ago, panda said:

I just tried both a player and global variable and I had no issue flipping between true and false repeatedly, if you experience something different you need to provide screenshots of the events and variables so that someone here can verify that you are correctly configuring your events and variables.

Firstly, thank you for helping and secondly, I tried to update my bug #119 to show as much as I could!