Two questions

Dakieda

Question

1.) Does intersect supports actor type npcs? Like ones you can make talk and move around? I cant see to figure it out if its possible to do it...and the rpg element is going to be heavy in my game so its something i need.

2.) Is there a way to either hide the MP bar, or add/change the status bars? I currently only use the health, hunger, and thirst stats and it would be great to show these variables on the status bar, since MP isnt being used.

Thanks for any help you can offer <3

6 answers to this question

1) Yes but you have to create them with the event editor.

2) You have to edit the PlayerBox.json (.\client\resources\gui\layouts\game\PlayerBox.json) search the line "MPBackground"  and change "Disabled": false, "Hidden": false, to "Disabled": true, "Hidden": true,

then search the line "MPBar": and change "Disabled": false, "Hidden": false, to "Disabled": true, "Hidden": true, 

after search the line "MPTitle": and change "Disabled": false, "Hidden": false, to "Disabled": true, "Hidden": true, 

last thing to hide is the mp label, search the line "MPLabel":  and change "Disabled": false, "Hidden": false, to "Disabled": true, "Hidden": true, 

So does that mean I would have to make custom animations for each npc then, and I cant use an actual npc? I was trying to just use a basic npc to try and cut down on dev time and code an event where if you press the action button on the npc it starts the event, but it didnt work for some reason.

how does one set a sprite to it, because I dont see the option?? I can only add animations?

also how would I add custom bars? via image? I had to do something similar before and scale the image via the variable...is that how I would have to do custom status bars??

6 hours ago, Dakieda said:

how does one set a sprite to it, because I dont see the option?? I can only add animations?

also how would I add custom bars? via image? I had to do something similar before and scale the image via the variable...is that how I would have to do custom status bars??

To  set the sprite, you have to double click that square above the animation dropdown. 

I suppose you can make some hacky way to create custom bars with images and variables. My advice is to wait for source with that and keep your hunger and thirst as numbers

Thanks. I did figure out a way to put the bars, but it made everything go crazy so that idea was out and theyll have to stay as numbers for now. Thanks for the help <3

Great now my ui is fugged. I tried to put a custom one, and now nothing will show up at all even though i backed up all the files...and replaced the originals back