sound for footsteps and do not display the name of an NPC

Dovas

Question

Hello, I have 2 quick questions. 
- How can I not display the name of an NPC? (example of a firefly) 

- Is there a way to have a step sound depending on the environment on which the player walks and which does not use the events?  (because the events are much too heavy for the game) 

Thank you very much for your help.

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Dovas said:

Hello, I have 2 quick questions. 
- How can I not display the name of an NPC? (example of a firefly) 

- Is there a way to have a step sound depending on the environment on which the player walks and which does not use the events?  (because the events are much too heavy for the game) 

Thank you very much for your help.

NPC's can not have their name hidden unless you don't give them a name. Event's should be used for any NPC's that aren't going to be used in combat and to hide their name you can click the "Hide Name" checkbox towards the bottom left of the event panel.

Not at the moment no, however when source is out im sure it wouldnt be too hard to set up some kind of map attribute or something simple to produce the sounds on step.

You can hide all NPC names by lowering their alpha channel in the json file. It will hide all npc names though, not just select ones.

I am not able to explain where right this second but I know this is something I saw in a previous thread so maybe look around here a bit.