Jump to content
  • 0
Coza

Summon NPC / NPC Behaviour

Question

Hey! Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't really find anything on this topic so I figured I'd ask. 

 

So generally the spell I have in mind, summons an NPC, it combats other NPC's with set spells. It looks doable in the options within the NPC/Spell Editor, but nothing seems to happen? I'm curious as to if I'm doing something wrong? 

 

I also attempted an NPC summon that was a dedicated healbot, so to speak. But it doesn't do anything, either. 

 

 

Is there specific setups that I need to work with or is the feature currently a Source-Only kind of thing? 

 

Thanks! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

The only wait would be by event spell, make a switch 'summoner'

 

Put the npc always agressif if the player's switch 'summoner' isn't true.

 

The make the event fir the spell like this:

 

-> set switch 'summoner' true

-> spawn npc

-> wait x second

-> despawn npc

-> end of the event

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
31 minutes ago, Gibier said:

The only wait would be by event spell, make a switch 'summoner'

 

Put the npc always agressif if the player's switch 'summoner' isn't true.

 

The make the event fir the spell like this:

 

-> set switch 'summoner' true

-> spawn npc

-> wait x second

-> despawn npc

-> end of the event

Yeah this is what I have thus far but it doesn't really do anything. I presume that would make it attack other players, though. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Coza said:

Yeah this is what I have thus far but it doesn't really do anything. I presume that would make it attack other players, though. 

 

 

 

Well you have to configure your npc as an agressive npc then edit it to not attack a player that have tge variable 'summunwr' to true. (But it would be broke if anothrr pkayer have sumoned thr same npc)

But you would be tge same if you use self switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
38 minutes ago, Gibier said:

 

Well you have to configure your npc as an agressive npc then edit it to not attack a player that have tge variable 'summunwr' to true. (But it would be broke if anothrr pkayer have sumoned thr same npc)

But you would be tge same if you use self switch.


A player variable/switch will not be the same for another player..? There's no point in using a self switch. Just remember though to set it to on login set summoner to false else someone can leave midway and join back, and can never be hit by another summoned monster.

 

A sensible thing to do would also be to have a global variable based on how many monsters there are currently and set a player variable based on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/23/2019 at 11:13 AM, Coza said:

Hey! Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't really find anything on this topic so I figured I'd ask. 

 

So generally the spell I have in mind, summons an NPC, it combats other NPC's with set spells. It looks doable in the options within the NPC/Spell Editor, but nothing seems to happen? I'm curious as to if I'm doing something wrong? 

 

I also attempted an NPC summon that was a dedicated healbot, so to speak. But it doesn't do anything, either. 

 

 

Is there specific setups that I need to work with or is the feature currently a Source-Only kind of thing? 

 

Thanks! 

 

 

Not sure if I'm understanding the problem correctly but I'd like to attempt to help. I have a working spell that summons a goblin for period of time, the goblin moves randomly(not able to have it follow the player), the goblin will engage enemies using melee and spells(however it will face hug the enemy whilst using spells). I haven't tested it's behavior on other players.

My common event looks like this:

GIOFVsL.png

My NPC is setup like this:

hdK4ZFm.png

TJ3XwM6.png

The NPCs shown in the NPC vs NPC Combat/Hostility  section also have my "Summoned Goblin" added to their NPC vs NPC Combat/Hostility.

Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yeah I figured out what I was missing, I hadn't also enabled NPCvs.NPC on both the summon and the enemy mobs I was testing on.

 

Thanks for all the help peeps! 

 

I can't seem to get healing spells to work from the summon to the player, but I'm fine with what i have thus far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...