How to set item as tool type

Slayer

Question

Sorry if this is a stupid question... I can't seem to figure out how I set an item as a tool type. I've studied both the resource editor and item editor and don't see any option. I see where you set the tool type to harvest the resources but not where you can set an item as the tool. So please someone enlighten me, how to set an item as tool type?

4 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Slayer said:

How so? I'm using Equipment >Weapon.

OjKF8iZ.png

Did you modify the settings for your equipment slots? Your issue is that the "Weapon" slot isn't assigned to the Server's Weapon Slot. In Config.json inside of the Server resources folder scroll down to the top of your equipment slot settings. It will say WeaponSlot = ect and ShieldSlot = ect. Make sure "WeaponSlot" is = to the number of your Weapon Slot. You can find the number by counting your equipment slots from the top starting at 0 so if you have Hat, Shoes, Weapon, Shield, then WeaponSlot should be = to 2 because Hat is 0, Shoes is 1 and Weapon is 2 ect. 

Once you fix that issue you'll get another menu in that empty area of the item editor where you can set damage, crit chance, attack speed, and tool type.