Spawn items and resources via condition, and make event passable in event editor

dummpf

Question

How is that possible? I tried to create an event that allows for a chest to spawn when a switch is pressed, and the chest should stay open after the player got the item. I nearly did it but only with multiple switches (in switch editor) and events, for example one that is tasked to move up and replace the tile with an open chest) but even then its not possible due to when two events collide action button trigger doesn't work anymore. 

Frankly it's just extremly buggy. 

It would be much easier if there was a command in event editor that allows for spawning items and resources. Or am I missing something and it's there, just a little more hidden? 

Also I tried to create a locked door that gives access when the player has a key. For that I used  two events, one moving again and replacing a tile nd one blocking access and moving when the player has a key. It works but... it was pretty hard to program. It seems like it isn't possible to make an event passable when a certain condition is met. I tried to do it via a second page but it doesn't work, the event editor always ignores one page.

Thanks for your help. 

5 answers to this question

Make sure you're using Spawn/Execution conditions and not Conditional Branch when creating a 2 pages event

For the page(With the closed door graphics), make it spawn/execute when the switch: DoorOpened (or whatever what your switch name is) is False, and make it true for the second page(with the opened door graph

this works fine for me

It's not buggy, you are just not doing it the right way.

Switch:

IsChestOpened

Event:

Page1

Requirements: IsChestOpened False

Graphic: Closed chest

Trigger: Action button

Action: Give item. Set Switch IsChestOpened to True

Page2

Requirements: IsChestOpened True (Not sure if necessary)

Graphic: Open chest

Trigger: Action button

Action: Show Text: The chest is empty

Thank you, Shigetsu. That really helped me alot!

@Dashplant that's not what I want though. I want that a switch (on the map) has to be pressed for a chest to appear, else its not there.Your's is only considering a static chest that is on the map all the time and just has to be opened by pressing a switch. I want it animated also, so first the chest should appear when the button is pressed, then it should stay there (automated) then the player should press action open it and get the item, the chest stays open. So I need 3 pages for that but I can't get it to work...

Every freaking time I'm adding page 3 page 2 just won't work anymore

It would be easier for us if you share some pictures, but it seems to be a problem with the spawn conditions of the pages, if 2 pages meet the spawn conditions the last one will prevail

Event:

Page 1 (automated)

Spawn condition: player switch test is false (map switch not pressed) 

-> Set Move Route for Event (base tile set as graphic)

Page 2 (automated): Spawn condition: Player Switch test is true (map switch pressed)

-> Set move route for event (closed chest set as graphic)

-> Set switch test2 to true 

Page 3 (action button), spawn condition: switch test2 true

-> set move route for event (open chest)

->Give item etc 

The problem is that sometimes it works but then the tile for page 2 is missing or the whole event stops functioning, its pretty random. I also put a neutralizer event there for testing purposes (set switches to false again)

Edit: sorry I misunderstood the engine. Now everything is great! Thanks for your help :)

btw, the engine is amazing. Keep up the great work!