Other [PHP/PDO] IntersectCMS, problem with hashing password ..?

AriusII

Hello everyone :) !

I'm doing a little project for this community, having a WebSite for your own game server !

This CMS use my own base code for other CMS game website and work like a charm, I just edit it for make working with Intersect / MySQL ( And maybe SQLite too if i'm motivate to do sqlite jdbc connection ).

But I'm a bit frustate about something..,

I have a problem about my login form ( B-E code ) exactly about hashing password result.,
If my password in clear is : Dragon123 and my Salt is : 357EF1FF2A9A5EAF893CBCE985FE667ACB1547669761E7CDBD0483DC43E0C188
It's making the hash form like this = Dragon123357EF1FF2A9A5EAF893CBCE985FE667ACB1547669761E7CDBD0483DC43E0C188
Right ?
My Password collumn saying me, the result it's : 7DE02F71146E0BA0B33BFB7BBA8C99A258DEEF71FD83C401F5CD240C2A1F8352

I have try to go here : https://passwordsgenerator.net/sha256-hash-generator/ and do my clear password + Salt. ( cf : Dragon123357EF1FF2A9A5EAF893CBCE985FE667ACB1547669761E7CDBD0483DC43E0C188 )
and getting an other hash : 309407CFBF0798BB31795E88384B4482F2A296C54CA1FEB8AD52A7AFCA5B0CCA
You can try it .. and you can see it's not the same result / hashing.
So here it's my first problem and after read the docs by @jcsnider ( https://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/docs/en/Advanced_Topics/Database.html ) No doubt about the password encryption ...

it's in PHP/PDO.
Here it's my page about the connection (asking if value are correct and be able to logon the site):

Spoiler

<?PHP

if(isset($_POST['submit']) && ($_POST['submit']=="login" || $_POST['submit']=="LOGIN" || $_POST['submit']=="Login")) 
{
    if(!empty($_POST['userid']) && !empty($_POST['userpass']) && checkAnum($_POST['userid']) && checkAnum($_POST['userpass'])) 
    {
        $stmt = $SQL_PLAYER->prepare('SELECT Id,Name,Salt,Password,Email 
                                      FROM  users 
                                      WHERE  Name = :name');
 // I PREPARE MY SELECT FOR THE SQL COMMAND ' :name ' is my pdo var for the execute command more security reason.
        $stmt->execute(['name' => $_POST['userid']]);
        $stmt_r = $stmt->rowCount(); // Getting the row of the select if something match ?
        $fetch = $stmt->fetch(); // Get all value storage in memory/cache 
        $hash = hash('sha256', $_POST['userpass'].$fetch['Salt']); // Try to hash my clear password ( enter in the web textbox with my Salt ( we get the salt with my fetch ) we correctly hashing it in SHA256.
        if ($hash === $fetch['Password'])  // We do the comparasion about my recent hash and the stored password hash stored in database
        {
            echo 'Work!!!!'; // Tryed to look if connected ...
// Connecté
            if($stmt_r>0) //get my value if the connection is good ( having a matching value )
              {
            $getAdmin = $stmt->FetchObject(); // Start a Session for other settings ...
            $_SESSION['user_id'] = $getAdmin->Id;
            $_SESSION['user_name'] = $getAdmin->Name;
            $_SESSION['user_admin'] = $getAdmin->Web_Admin;
            $_SESSION['user_email'] = $getAdmin->Email;
            $updateIP = $SQL_PLAYER->query("UPDATE users SET Web_Ip='".($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])."' WHERE Id='".$getAdmin->Id."'");
              }
        }
    }
}

And as you could see, I do the same procedure... but not working, someone know why ..? 
- Arius

The pass field in the database uses a hashed pass and not a plain text pass.

SHA256 (Hashed Pass + Salt)

As for getting PHPs hashing to work exactly like C#s I don't have a perfect answer of the top of my head at this moment.. I'll play with this some and follow up soon.

Yeah it's working ... just needed to do some convertions :

Spoiler

<?PHP

if(isset($_POST['submit']) && ($_POST['submit']=="login" || $_POST['submit']=="LOGIN" || $_POST['submit']=="Login")) 
{
    if(!empty($_POST['userid']) && !empty($_POST['userpass']) && checkAnum($_POST['userid']) && checkAnum($_POST['userpass'])) 
    {
        $stmt = $SQL_PLAYER->prepare('SELECT Id,Name,Salt,Password,Email,Web_Admin
                                      FROM  users 
                                      WHERE  Name = :name');
        $stmt->execute(['name' => $_POST['userid']]);
        $fetch = $stmt->FetchObject();
        $hash1 = hash('sha256', $_POST['userpass']);
        $hash = hash('sha256', strtoupper($hash1).$fetch->Salt);
        $stmt_r = $stmt->rowCount();
        if (strtoupper($hash) == $fetch->Password)
        {
            if($stmt_r>0) 
              {
            $_SESSION['user_id'] = $fetch->Id;
            $_SESSION['user_name'] = $fetch->Name;
            $_SESSION['user_admin'] = $fetch->Web_Admin;
            $_SESSION['user_email'] = $fetch->Email;
            $updateIP = $SQL_PLAYER->query("UPDATE users SET Web_Ip='".($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])."' WHERE Id='".$fetch->Id."'");
              }
        }
    }
}

if(empty($_SESSION['user_id'])) 
  {
    unset($_SESSION['user_id']);
    unset($_SESSION['user_name']);
    unset($_SESSION['user_admin']);
    unset($_SESSION['user_email']);
  }
  else {
    $stmt = $SQL_PLAYER->prepare('SELECT Id,Name,Password,Salt,Email,Web_Admin
                              FROM  users 
                              WHERE Web_Ip = :ip
                              AND Id = :id');
    $stmt->execute(['ip' => $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'],'id' => $_SESSION['user_id']]); 
    $stmt_r = $stmt->rowCount();
    if($stmt_r>0)  
    {
      $getAdmin = $stmt->FetchObject();
      $_SESSION['user_id'] = $getAdmin->Id;
      $_SESSION['user_name'] = $getAdmin->Name;
      $_SESSION['user_admin'] = $getAdmin->Web_Admin;
      $_SESSION['user_email'] = $getAdmin->Email;
    }
    else
    {
        unset($_SESSION['user_id']);
        unset($_SESSION['user_name']);
        unset($_SESSION['user_admin']);
        unset($_SESSION['user_email']);
    }
  }

Here it is a gif for making the exemple.
https://i.imgur.com/JQasyyF.gifv