Need Help [PAID] MAP DESIGNER

KyleH112

Our very small team stumbled upon Intersect Engine.  We are currently a team of 2 developers about to start designing a game using this engine, we both have past experience with Unity3D, Ultima Online Sphere/RunUO Servers and Crypto Currencies, we do plan to publish what we make using the Intersect Engine via Steam for around $5-$10 (why not free?) we will continually be releasing a new update each month and like any worker would like to get paid for what they do, we both have around 100+ hours of free time per month to work on this project.

We are looking for a lead map designer with similar free time to work on the project with us and will be paid equally from the steam purchases.

*A small contract will be written to make it official outlining details about the project development and pay*

Hired map designer is free to design the map anyway they like, we would like to expand the map as large as possible with a new map section added during the regular monthly updates.

Hired map designer must have and know how to use FTP software (FileZilla) to upload any tilesets, avatars, files, etc... to our main server directory.

If hired map designer finds tilesets, avatars, files, etc... that are paid and a must have we will purchase them for you to use.

About Myself: My name is Kyle, i'm 33 years old, retired U.S. Army and currently employed with Amazon Fulfillment Services IT Department.

I will mainly be working on the website (HTML, PHP, MYSQL) in-game scripting, art, music, GUI, etc...)

About the Other Dev: Ian is 30 years old, currently unemployed attending college for Information Technology and also taking care of his dad who has mesothelioma :/ , Ian will also be helping with in-game features and might help with some map designing if required.

You can reach me by replying to this thread (i will have it open all the time and check on it regular) / through Private Message or email @ KAH112@icloud.com

Edit: If no map designer is hired by March 15th 2019 we will hire someone from freelancer, since by March 15th a lot of the game aspects will be coming together

Edited by KyleH112
updated timeline

You should explain the style of the maps - if someone is good at making intricate maps but you want simple maps, for instance, there'll be trouble. You should also tell us what you want - caves, overworlds, underworlds... and finally, you need to tell us how many maps you want since it is impossible (I think) to change the 100x100 tile map size.

And then, why don't you tell us what level of price you are gonna pay xD - £5, £30, £1000?

44 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

You should explain the style of the maps - if someone is good at making intricate maps but you want simple maps, for instance, there'll be trouble. You should also tell us what you want - caves, overworlds, underworlds... and finally, you need to tell us how many maps you want since it is impossible (I think) to change the 100x100 tile map size.

And then, why don't you tell us what level of price you are gonna pay xD - £5, £30, £1000?

He said that they are sharing the earnings equally, so payment depends on how many copies they sell.

2 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

I mentioned the map designer can create any style maps they desire and with each new monthly update a new map section "should be released" to keep the game growing with fresh content. 

@Khaikaa Answered the price section.

Thebunygamer had the right idea but asked the wrong questions imo.

What kind of game is it? Fantasy, medieval, Sci fi?

What's the story like? Maps should fit in the game's story. 

What are the graphics like?

Do you have any info about the project itself? Other than the release plans.

That will help a lot to find someone interested in your project!

6 hours ago, Dashplant said:

Thebunygamer had the right idea but asked the wrong questions imo.

What kind of game is it? Fantasy, medieval, Sci fi?

What's the story like? Maps should fit in the game's story. 

What are the graphics like?

Do you have any info about the project itself? Other than the release plans.

That will help a lot to find someone interested in your project!

Game will mainly be medieval based since we have experience with Ultima Online, we will be using information from that (item names, crafting receipts, quests, etc..) but no physical items like images or animation will be used since that would be copyrighting and we wouldn't be able to publish.

Map Graphics will be like the default tilesets that were included with the engine.

Item graphics will be pixelated but after releasing the game as Early Access we may upgrade the images in the monthly updates.

No set storyline yet, might have it as "player(s) is called upon to defend their world" type of scenario, map designer could develop a story as they build too.

We are currently working on items / crafting and the GUI, I will post images of the completed GUI this weekend (probably Saturday) 

• 10 months later...