UNIX Epoch Time

Weylon Santana

Question

How to use??

I want to improve this in my project.

"Allow setting variables to UNIX Epoch Time (the number of milliseconds since Jan 1, 1970). This will be useful for keeping track of membership, puzzle, event times, dailyevent completions, etc."

4 answers to this question

Time since epoch is a large value in milliseconds since Jan, 1 1970.

So if you set a variable to the epoch at some point in time and later you compare it to the epoch time you can tell how much real world time has passed.

For example, if you set a variable to the epoch time.. and later you compare it to the new epoch time and the new time is 60,000 larger then you will know a real world hour has passed.

40 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

Does this variable start running in real-time on UNIX measurement? And if I create another variable and compare the values will I know how many days / hours in the real world has passed?

Yes. 

41 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

The variable is consistent with the real time.
But why does it show 5 more digits?

That website is only accurate in seconds while in Intersect we measure to milliseconds which is why our value has more digits. 

7 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Time since epoch is a large value in milliseconds since Jan, 1 1970.

All right, I got it. I already manipulated this time in another online game where the database only read this type of time.

So if you set a variable to the epoch at some point in time and later you compare it to the epoch time you can tell how much real world time has passed.

The logic in I understood. Do you say that in the editors of the Intersect Engine?

For example, if you set a variable to the epoch time.. and later you compare it to the new epoch time and the new time is 60,000 larger then you will know a real world hour has passed.

Got it. It's simple. There's even this site to help with this.

https://www.epochconverter.com/

I wanted to know how I can use and apply this using the editors.

Was it then?

254d852e0518fcab7d4c7e87a35abd8d.png

Time system (ms) {Sistema de Tempo (ms)}

Does this variable start running in real-time on UNIX measurement? And if I create another variable and compare the values will I know how many days / hours in the real world has passed?

This is basically my doubt. Where and how to apply this system [inside editor]?

The variable is consistent with the real time.
But why does it show 5 more digits?

fa7be37f1da27a9d0602fd9c12f9e452.png

1 hour ago, jcsnider said:

Yes. 

That website is only accurate in seconds while in Intersect we measure to milliseconds which is why our value has more digits. 

Got it. It's simple. I'm going to spend the rest of the day studying how this works and how I can use it in my project. Thank you.