Rearranging the UI?

Garlic

Question

5 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, mcadams said:

You can edit the various .XML files in the client to change the appearance of the GUI. Gibier has a tutorial in progress that'll help with a few basic things

I see "Not compatible with intersect beta 5" which includes plenty of key features so far. Is that still factual? :-/

2 minutes ago, Mercy said:

I see "Not compatible with intersect beta 5" which includes plenty of key features so far. Is that still factual? :-/

I think (not 100% sure) they're changing how the system works in B5, so any changes you make to the XMLs will probably be reverted/have to be made again once Beta 5 comes out. Not sure when that will be so you can probably go ahead and change it how you like now and do it again a couple weeks/months down the road. Again I'm not certain about this so you're probably better off just waiting til a dev replies. 

4 hours ago, mcadams said:

I think (not 100% sure) they're changing how the system works in B5, so any changes you make to the XMLs will probably be reverted/have to be made again once Beta 5 comes out

Correct, not being removed, just changed. So changes to the xml file will have to manually be made again to the new ui files.