Closed Alpha Ruinic - Competitive Dungeon Crawler

General Awesome

5 hours ago, GeoCry said:

You still working on the project? If not that’s sad to hear....

I am, in fact, still working on Ruinic. I'm taking a step back and figuring out exactly what I want to do moving forward with this project, however. I realized that I have so much work to do in terms of developing lore, gameplay, etc. I've focused a lot of time on the technical parts of this project, I want to spend more on the gameplay now.

So, yes: the project is still active. Stay tuned for more updates on Ruinic soon.

• 3 months later...

I just graduated from university, so work is really going to be picking up on Ruinic now!

A few things have changed since my last status update. Namely, I decided to can much of the game design surrounding the overworld. Instead, I've opted to return to Ruinic's roots and implemented the matchmaking and lobby system. Here you will be able to control your character, accept quests, group up with other players, and scope out your next dungeon adventure!

Going this route will essentially make a Ruinic release date reasonably achievable, as I just did not have the time nor manpower for the vast project that it was turning out to be when creating a general, persistent world.

Stay tuned for more information and updates about Ruinic's progress.