Intersect 64bit Tileset Safe?

SoggyCow

Question

If is safe to change the tileset/entity image size? The current size doesnt have the detail I want. How can i double the tileset/entity size, and is this safe?

i recently purchased a $60 assets pack, and resizing it ÷ 2 just makes it look bad.

4 answers to this question

No you can, but the intersect's developping team warn against this modification. It can make the engine unstable. If you do that i would suggest you to cut in half the tiles number of maps.

You should read this before making those change.

It's at the end of the config.xml in ther server's side. If you already have maps in your game, you will have to delete them.

36 minutes ago, Solomon said:

I don't believe that's what he was asking about. I believe he was asking about graphics.

You can resize the graphics however you want, but that won't increase the tile size, you need to change the individual map tile size for that to work, which I don't think can be done? (I know you can increase the X, Y total number of tiles on a map, but about resizing the tiles themselves I have no idea.)

The size is 32x32 for the tiles, that means you're using a 64x64 tileset? In this scenario I think you'll just have to map each single tile with 1 corner of the tile you want to use.

He want 64x64 tile case instead of 32x32. What the link i send explain how to do it.

Double the case is a bad idea cause it will change the dimension of the maps. But with cut half of the tiles case will reput the maps dimension to the same dimension as 32x32. Which should limit the unstability of the modification.

On 16/03/2018 at 6:24 PM, Gibier said:

No you can, but the intersect's developping team warn against this modification. It can make the engine unstable. If you do that i would suggest you to cut in half the tiles number of maps.

You should read this before making those change.

It's at the end of the config.xml in ther server's side. If you already have maps in your game, you will have to delete them.

I don't believe that's what he was asking about. I believe he was asking about graphics.

You can resize the graphics however you want, but that won't increase the tile size, you need to change the individual map tile size for that to work, which I don't think can be done? (I know you can increase the X, Y total number of tiles on a map, but about resizing the tiles themselves I have no idea.)

The size is 32x32 for the tiles, that means you're using a 64x64 tileset? In this scenario I think you'll just have to map each single tile with 1 corner of the tile you want to use.

2 hours ago, Solomon said:

@Gibier was talking about resizing the tiles.