Intersect and Virtual Box ?

Siam

Question

Hi all, 

A friend wants to make some graphics for my little project, and I'm really happy 'cause she's damned good :) , but she's a Mac user. 

So, I told her how to run windows in a Virtual Box. So I worked on it too, XP & 7, both 32 bits. Got some probs, solved by installation of some .NET 4 and MS visual c++ but intersect's client can't run. It crashes at launch. 

What could be the problem ? Does Intersect can be runned on a VB ? Maybe it's just a missing software requirement ? 

Thanks for your help. 

4 answers to this question

I assume you don't have the requisite graphics emulation running in the virtual machine.

That being said, if she's only running the client and not the editor she doesn't need a VM, the client and server both run on any platform (they are advertised this way too).

Each time I try to run the client or the editor on a VM, I get directX issues. It seems most VMs have troubles getting the latest versions to run. Supposedly, there are a couple of VM emulators that can do it, but those aren't free so I haven't bothered to try it out.

Thanks, both of you. It seems you're right. Lack of power ( some others 2D games can run but hardly ) and limitation of VB.

@Panda : running .exe on Mac ? She unsuccessfully tried with Wine. But as she's not a pro, I can't say if it's just an error  or an incompatibility.