Map Sound

Weylon Santana

Question

Two ordinary question.
The maps in the "non-open-world" version when the map borders setting on server.xml is set to 1.

How does the Map Sound issue work in properties, does it grab all nearby maps? Let me try to explain:

1.png.cf011408bd3ae0dd9e964c577dd9356a.png

Considering the "S" as the map with the sound set and the green arrows as the maps nearby.

1 - Is this how it works when it is set to "non-seamless"?

And 2 - When I play a sound, by the event and not by the properties. Will it only run on the map where the event is or grab the maps nearby?

I do not know if I will switch from open world to non-seamless.
I was just testing for fun and I thought it was cool. I wish someone would respond.

Thank you all. <3

8 answers to this question

6 hours ago, jcsnider said:

It will still play sounds from surrounding maps. All the non-seamless does is hide stuff, and not very well.. We should remove that option since npcs can still attack from adjacent maps. 

@jcsnider would you be able to make the sound, either by the event or the map property, only play to the edge of the map, 26x32? In beta 5 maybe?

5 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

No... it is much more likely that we remove the map options altogether.

Hey, what you did with the music is incredible, if two or more maps have the same music, the music continues to play, dont overlay or changes, all that happens is a fade out and fade in, when they are different musics. Maybe applying to the sound, without having to fade, would be cool. what do you think?

26 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Sounds would be weird if they didn't fade in and out. We literally just had a bug report that said "sounds immediately stop when you cross a map and its not immersive" Which is why they fade now. 

so will you remove the sound from the map properties and leave it only via event?

14 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Are you saying that you want the map property sounds to not fade if they are the same? (like wind and such)?

I think I'm finally understanding your concern.

That's exactly what I'm saying. thank you for understand.

I wanted the sound properties to work like music properties.

I wanted to use the music in wav format, but as it can not, I try to use the music in sounds, for a better quality, got? Why in ogg the quality drops drastricly.

So I was using sounds to play the music and the events to play the sounds (since when I learned to play sounds in autorun without giving a bug).

I was just trying to enjoy the best quality. When several different maps have the same music, do not fade from one map to another, continue. And it picks up only within the boundaries of the map.

In sound, do not fade out, it's ok for me. But it takes a little beyond the boundaries of the map, so when two maps have the same sound in the transition between them the sound enforces a lot because it is an overlapping over the other. That's seamless.

When it's no-seamless picks up all the maps around the event.

I worried when you said that I was going to withdraw the sound because then I would be obliged to use ogg as music, since I could not by the music by the event with a music overlay another in their boundaries, along with the sounds that are already playing, along with other sound effects ( as a river I use the map sound tile properties).

It would be a big mess. So in my idea if I used the music in sound, it would be nice, but have these questions. Leaving me with no choice, having to use music in music (ogg,drastricly the quality) and the sounds I would use for the event because activating by the event works only within the limits of the map.

@jcsnider