Multiple editors on a project

Chqp

Question

Haven't found an answer to this yet I assume it's rather straight forward...

Once I've port forwarded and opened my server, if I want other people to have the same power of editing do they just need the same files as me? Like do I just need to send them the same client file with the editor in it? Will this give them the ability to edit and instantly update a map/spells/animati

3 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, Apache_ said:

I may over explain this, but just so that it clear for future searchers:

If you want someone to play your game as a regular player:

Give them everything in the "Client and Editor" folder except the "Intersect Editor.exe" and the "Intersect Editor.pdb".

If you want someone to play and help edit the game:

Give them everything in the "Client and Editor" folder. They will then need to launch the client and create a character. You will need to log into your client and launch the admin panel by pressing the "Insert" key on your keyboard. From there you put in their character's name and at the bottom you can set their access level. You will have to either make them an Admin or a Moderator. As far as I know the only difference between the two is that Admins can set other user's access levels. They then can log into the editor and start editing.

If (for whatever reason) you only want them to access the editor:

Give them everything in the "Client and Editor" folder except for the "Intersect Client.exe" and the "Intersect Client.pdb". I don't think you need to include the resources folder either, but be advised that they will not be able to set any sprites/animations to anything. The only way I can see this helping is if they are helping to code events or something like that.

Thank you this explained everything

I may over explain this, but just so that it clear for future searchers:

If you want someone to play your game as a regular player:

Give them everything in the "Client and Editor" folder except the "Intersect Editor.exe" and the "Intersect Editor.pdb".

If you want someone to play and help edit the game:

Give them everything in the "Client and Editor" folder. They will then need to launch the client and create a character. You will need to log into your client and launch the admin panel by pressing the "Insert" key on your keyboard. From there you put in their character's name and at the bottom you can set their access level. You will have to either make them an Admin or a Moderator. As far as I know the only difference between the two is that Admins can set other user's access levels. They then can log into the editor and start editing.

If (for whatever reason) you only want them to access the editor:

Give them everything in the "Client and Editor" folder except for the "Intersect Client.exe" and the "Intersect Client.pdb". I don't think you need to include the resources folder either, but be advised that they will not be able to set any sprites/animations to anything. The only way I can see this helping is if they are helping to code events or something like that.