On Death Common Events

ProphCore

Question

Hey guys,

i tried to make an option on death to return to your spawn point on revive on spot using a 'lost soul' from your inventory.

I know common events have a trigger issue as is in beta 4 but i believe that is only with multiple common events and this was my only common event.

I set condition as player death trigger as autorun and displayed text and options with restore hp if lost soul was chosen and in inventory.

But whenever i die i auto spawn and no event is triggered. Is there a way to turn off autorespawn , am i doing something wrong or is this bugged?

2 answers to this question

It would be really cool if you could hijack players death and run event logic to determine if they should actually die or not. Sadly this isn't possible or planned in base Intersect. Maybe this can be done as a post-release source modification.

I'm basing this off of an assumption, but I dn't think Common Events have the power to do this at the time.

If the logic is anything like it was in older engines, it's all very linear and you just die. THEN things start processing, your event can't interrupt your death.. Gaining health after you've died won't save you.

Not sure if events can pause the player, but it would be nice if you can actually affect the flow of a player's death through events yes.