PHP Disable Built In IPB login

XerShade

Anyone know how to disable Invisions username/password login method, I only want people to be using the OAuth stuff from google, etc. I mean short of disabling registrations and making it so you can't set a password I have no idea as the Enable/Disable button is locked.

Why do you want to only direct through google OAuth? I think that's important in building a solution that's viable to your situation.

Here's a resource I googled up: http://invision-virus.com/forum/index.php/files/file/332-34-sign-in-through-google/

It's only for current users, and allows them to use google sign in. Not sure if that covers your need or not, but you could always generate a level of Perms for "clean" accounts, and "googlified" accounts, so that there is negative benefits of some sort to NOT tying with google.

Or snoop through whatever code to see if you could integrate their approach with regular registration. I know it's severely outdated, but I don't know version history or shelf life of IPB stuff.

Not sure why I wanted to make a social login based site, just did thought it would be different. And @PhenomenalDev I do have a site, it should be on my profile.

As it stands I have it setup so people can't make an account with the User/password login or change passwords. The login systems still enabled, with admins having passwords, in case the OAuth goes down like jc said.

The whole process of logging in, if taken logically, is just containers for different sets of data. Its what you do with the data that makes the profiling special. You could try integrating an intersect server with ipb profiles, that could be fun and interesting.