Status Function

Weylon Santana

Question

Well, analyzing the physical attack formula.

Random(((BaseDamage + (ScalingStat * ScaleFactor))) * CritFactor * .975, ((BaseDamage + (ScalingStat * ScaleFactor))) * CritFactor * 1.025) * (100 / (100 + V_Defense))

The "random" damage of the attack seems to be the result of this formula:

"Basic Damage" will be added to the result of the "Escalation Status" multiplied by "Scale Factor". If it is critical then the result of this will be multiplied by 975. After the comma appears to me to be the defense formula due to the attack.

In your tutorial made available in the file.
Shows that status has interference in the formula, They can be added as active variables of the function, but the current formula does not show any interfering of the status, because it has no status added to the formula.

A_Attack:                      Attackers attack stat.
A_Defense:                   Attackers defense stat.
A_Speed:                       Attackers speed stat.
A_AbilityPwr                 Attackers ability power stat.
A_MagicResist:            Attackers magic resist stat.

In this case, adding points to any of the statuses, as the player passes level, which would interfere with basic damage such as attack or skill power, will not increase anything in basic damage.

(At least this I tested, added almost 500 points in the attack status and did not increase the physical attack damage)

My question is this:
Have the statuses in question lost their importance in the basic damage formula? (physical, magical, true).

Because the meaning of them exists only for the minimum requirements (Mission, puzzle, item and so on). And it will not add anything to basic damage or basic defense as the player adds points.

Attack and ability power are responsible for the damage formula.
Physical defense and magic resistance in defense formula.
Just as there is a critical chance, speed would be responsible for the chance to "miss".

Of course I do not know if you were going to add these elements in the formula in future versions, if it was part of your plan I'm sorry, but I thought I'd better ask.

Sorry for the mistakes if I'm wrong about something.

@jcsnider, @Kibbelz.

2 answers to this question

When setting up a npc, class, or weapons you select the damage formula to use (physical, magical or true). You also select the scaling stat for the damage to be based off of.

The scaling stat value is pulled from the character/npcs stats whether its attack, speed, ability power or anything else -- so these values are important.

The defensive stat is either defense or magic resist and this solely depends on whether you choose the attack to be physical or magical.

True damage does not take defensive stats into account whatsoever.

In the formula itself the Random(,) function works in such a way that if you give it 2 values it will return something within those values. Ie: Random (0,5) might return 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. So the comma you see in the formulas isn't for defense but rather separating the lowest and highest damage calculations that could happen and picking something in the middle.

On 18/09/2017 at 11:06 PM, jcsnider said:

When setting up a npc, class, or weapons you select the damage formula to use (physical, magical or true). You also select the scaling stat for the damage to be based off of.

The scaling stat value is pulled from the character/npcs stats whether its attack, speed, ability power or anything else -- so these values are important.

The defensive stat is either defense or magic resist and this solely depends on whether you choose the attack to be physical or magical.

True damage does not take defensive stats into account whatsoever.

In the formula itself the Random(,) function works in such a way that if you give it 2 values it will return something within those values. Ie: Random (0,5) might return 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. So the comma you see in the formulas isn't for defense but rather separating the lowest and highest damage calculations that could happen and picking something in the middle.

Ahh, I get it. They really matter.