Custom Tiles | Question

biosboy4

Question

Hello,

I've noticed that the bottom layer is required to have a white background in order for the keystone to occur, while other layers seem to allow other colors for the key-stoning.

My question is: What exactly are the color to layer co-relations in regards to making sure my custom "green screens" are the right color according to which layer they will be placed.

Thanks!

PS: Include color codes of possible/necessary.

4 answers to this question

If you are speaking of the intersect engine it is now alpha layers. This means you would have to open your tileset in an image editor such as photoshop and remove all of the color that is there. Whatever color it is, and make it transparent and then export your tileset as a .png. If your speaking of an eclipse/mirage based engine then refer to nates response.

If I understand your question correctly - you are asking what colour the background must be in order for it to come through as transparent when used in-game. Correct?

If so, and I could be wrong on this, but this is how it used to be back in the VB days. The top-most left pixel (0,0) is the colour you wish to be transparent. Typically an arbitrary colour you would never use in a tileset. White is good because rarely would you ever want White (#FFFFFF) in a tileset.