How To Edit/Delete Characters/Accounts?

bonusminutes

Question

This is probably a huge newbie question, as I am a huge newbie to Intersect, but I was wondering how I should go about deleting a character so that an account can start the character creation process over. Even deleting the whole account to be remade would work for me. Id like to test out different classes and the gender selections to make sure that everything works fine, but as of now it seems like my only option would be to create a new, unique account for every test I'd run, and I'd really prefer not to do that.

I didnt see any account/character delete options in the Intersect server DOS menu after typing /help, and there arent any on the login screen. I opened server/Intersect/resources/intersect.db with a program called "DB Browser for SQLite" and I thought that might be what I was looking for, but I cant understand anything that Im seeing in there. I can right click a database such as "classes" and click "Modify Table" but I end up with a window as shown in the image attached to this post, and I cant make heads or tails of it.

Im sorry for the lost post, I just wanted to give as much info as possible. Am I going about this the wrong way? Is there an obvious solution that I've overlooked? Id appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

sqlite_question.png

4 answers to this question

@jcsnider tagging jc so he'll read this later, we could potentially add a delete account on the menu of the client. Currently the way to delete accounts is to use DB Browser for SQLite or another database editing program. Open the users table and all of the character tables associated with that account and delete the record. Intersect should have this in the future, definitely as an admin tool.

Currently that's the only way sadly ): maybe add that to the suggestion forums for when jc or kibbelz come back

Edit: Just saw you didn't get sqlite basically classes is the actual classes you've made you just need to do view table on the users table and delete everything and you're done

Oh, I see. I was looking in the wrong databases and I was selecting "Modify" instead of browse. I went and deleted my account under "users" and my character under "characters" and I got the desired effect. Thanks a ton, guys!

A "Delete Character" option on the client would be useful, as well as a "Character Select" option with maybe 3 or so characters per account. But that would all be more for consumer

convenience rather than developer. I dont mind the sqlite method at all.
Thanks again!