Untested [Beta 8] [SQLite Only] Xenepherth's Faction/Nation System for Intersect Engine

Xiphoid

I do basic Faction/Nation System for my game. I'm used Intersect's Guild System's source. i will share with forum for free.

How is works...

-Create or Join Nations with Event System (Same as CreateGuild command)

-Nations have PvP each other (like Alliance/Horde in World of Warcraft)

-Nation Chat

-Nation Informations

and more...

Source Edit: https://github.com/Xenepherth/Intersect-Engine/commit/945d3ea98b5dc5a3db296833e0d4ed60234b6077 

Have fun!

ac4eeba4cae3bba400aec3ebdf0240c7.png

• panda changed the title to [Beta 8] [SQLite Only] Xenepherth's Faction/Nation System for Intersect Engine
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 8:59 AM, panda said:

Just as an FYI your patch does not include the MySQL migration (which do require setting up a MariaDB/MySQL server locally to create) and will only work for people using a SQLite player database.

Can this mechanic be integrated into the main Intersect branch? It is also a widely used feature in addition to guilds in RvR systems.

7 hours ago, Arconde said:

Can this mechanic be integrated into the main Intersect branch? It is also a widely used feature in addition to guilds in RvR systems.

No, this feature will not be getting merged into the main branch.

16 minutes ago, Arconde said:

Greeting Panda! And thanks for your work. Some special reason for that? This is a finest feature, and the plus, already implemented by Xiphoid.

Because
1. The feature goes against the vision of the main repo (too specific of a feature)
2. Now the dev team has to maintain another feature (but more importantly one we do not agree with being in the engine)
3. There are definitely changes that need to be made to make it main repo quality, so it's not "already implemented"