how to implement a spell with those specific characteristics?

Manigold

Question

Hi everyone! 

I'm new to intersect engine, is there a way to make a spell like that?

f35ca0e364e07308a5d064e3ea7e3ae6.png

I want the animation to appear on all tiles, even if there are no enemies present. I'm attempting to achieve this using the spell editor by selecting the 'AOE' target type, but I'm not able to achieve the desired result.

4 answers to this question

The animation image isn't constrained to any size, like the grid. Just make the AOE size as many tiles as you want, then just make an animation image as large as the area you want to cover. The image size and the aoe coverage aren't the same thing.

1 hour ago, Smoot said:

The animation image isn't constrained to any size, like the grid. Just make the AOE size as many tiles as you want, then just make an animation image as large as the area you want to cover. The image size and the aoe coverage aren't the same thing.

If I understand correctly, what you're saying, this won't achieve the same result that I want.

Hello, in other terms you need an animation that is at least 7x8 tiles, for dimensions you multiply it by 32 pixel so 216x256 pixel (but it would be better to go on a 8x8 tiles animation for the hit radius, you will see why). 

After that go in your spell in the database and define your animation as hit animation.

Get the AOE target type in targetting info and define the hit radius as 4 (from center to borders).

And you will get what you want if i understood correctly.

5 hours ago, Artheios said:

Hello, in other terms you need an animation that is at least 7x8 tiles, for dimensions you multiply it by 32 pixel so 216x256 pixel (but it would be better to go on a 8x8 tiles animation for the hit radius, you will see why). 

After that go in your spell in the database and define your animation as hit animation.

Get the AOE target type in targetting info and define the hit radius as 4 (from center to borders).

And you will get what you want if i understood correctly.

I will give it a try. thank you!