Problem with projectiles not interacting with resources

BrunoWrier

Question

Well, basically i have a resource that need None as tool to be rarvest, so you can use anything to break it. But the problem is: if the weapon have a projectile, it wont break the resource. It is as the projectile dont let you give the damage, for example, if you have a sword with a projectile, only the projectile will give damage, not you sword! then you cant just break the resource. I am using beta 7.0 stable, but when i was using beta 6 it worked perfectly! Is it a bug or they made this change? Why would they change that and how to fix that? Please if i cant fix this i would have to delete it from my game, and its a good feature!

2 answers to this question

I think it got removed because random projectiles from non-tools we're hitting resources with harvesting requirements and spamming chat with "you need a different tool to harvest this resource" lol. 

Allowing projectiles to hit resources again should only be a change to a couple lines of code, however. 

12 hours ago, jcsnider said:

I think it got removed because random projectiles from non-tools we're hitting resources with harvesting requirements and spamming chat with "you need a different tool to harvest this resource" lol. 

Allowing projectiles to hit resources again should only be a change to a couple lines of code, however. 

oh sure, that makes sense, could you tell me where this piece of code are in the source? that would help a lot! thanks