Spell animations chasing enemies

maclion

Question

Hello, who can solve my doubt.

I'm messing around with the program and doing tests but I haven't quite cleared up the issue of animations in spells. I have discovered how to make animations and how to do spells, I have discovered how to make projectiles and apply them to spells. But I can't find anywhere (in the program or on the internet) how to make the animations go out of the character and towards the target, wherever he is. I've only gotten the spells to go in a static direction. Is it possible to make them chase an enemy?

I would like to make (for example) a fireball that goes directly towards the enemy that I have selected, not in the direction I've selected on the projectile menu.

If someone can help me I will be so pleased.

9 answers to this question

Hello!

I show you first the Spell and then the Projectile.

I must say (maybe I am wrong) but if I put the "Targetting info" of the spell as Linear (projectile) it goes like it: linear. And If I put it "Single Target" the animation only appear on the mob. 

e909be5be5371fe95bd6155a8550bc0a.png

c1f764651d0b4ffe856d40cbfeed6973.png

I hope I'm doing it wrong and you can help me :')

Thank you for your fast answer, and Hi hahahah

I'm guessing you mean a projectile that will fly at the enemy at all times regardless of angle?

That's not possible by default, though people have accomplished things like that by changing how they work themselves. (For example in Leafling the projectiles do basically what you're asking for)

5 hours ago, Cheshire said:

I'm guessing you mean a projectile that will fly at the enemy at all times regardless of angle?

That's not possible by default, though people have accomplished things like that by changing how they work themselves. (For example in Leafling the projectiles do basically what you're asking for)

What do you mean with Leafing? Is that the source code edition that @Artheios is speaking about?

Do you know where can I find some information to do it?

4 hours ago, Artheios said:

So not possible to create other than linears projectiles with the engine. Make changes on how the projectiles working means modifying the source code and it's quite complicated if you are not a programmer as me ^^

Thanks mate. I'm also not a programmer as you :( I hope I can find a way to do it, or someone who can teach me how to do it. Thank you so much anyway :D

7 minutes ago, maclion said:

What do you mean with Leafing? Is that the source code edition that @Artheios is speaking about?

Do you know where can I find some information to do it?

Leafling is a game made in this engine, it's on Steam.

Unfortunately the only way to do this is to make a system like it yourself as there's no publicly available system for it.

Best the engine can do by default at the moment is firing projectiles in the direction you are facing and diagonally. (On the grid). There's no homing projectiles or projectiles that can go off the grid.