Rebranding the Client?

kcclemo

Question

Hello,

Just getting started but, I had some questions, out of curiosity before I get too deep.

Many of my friends use macOS or prefer to play on a tablet. Is there a way to host the client in the browser or distribute it to different operating systems? And if not, is this on the roadmap somewhere in the future?

Second,  is it possible to customize the client? For example, if I name my game "Super Dungeon Crawler" could I generate a client executable named something like superdungeoncrawler.exe and rebrand or customize the server name, login, and interface? I notice that when a player joins the console/chat logs that "Player x has joined Intersect" but, I'd like everything about the game to be in the context of my game's name and theme.

Thanks again!

2 answers to this question

For future reference, questions like this belong in the Intersect-specific Q&A section, not the non-Intersect General Discussion section.

Client configuration is covered by our documentation, as is distribution of your game. Parts of your question are also covered by the server configuration, also covered in our documentation.

MacOS support (at least for Intel-based systems) is covered by the cross-platform compatibility section in the documentation via Mono (installed separately). For Apple silicon (M1 devices), support is more limited, and if you can get Mono running then that can still be used to run Intersect.

Mobile devices are not currently supported, and we have no mobile builds at this time. It should be assumed that it is not on the roadmap.

If you want to customize the client icon (changing the name is just renaming the file), you need to compile the engine from source (recommended), or use Resource Hacker (not recommended).