In-Game Books?

TheBearWannabe

Question

I saw a visually similar effect was done by @Ainz Ooal Gown on their Journal/Tradeskill eventing system, but I was hoping to have some assistance on something hopefully easier.

8egynAm.png

(Example of the system they where using)

I'm looking to create a common event for random books that can be found in the world - Clicking on a bookshelf will have an event manually tied to it "Book 1" etc. and when opening, a large/full screen text window will appear to display text. Right now, the text windows in my client are on the smaller side, and I was wondering if there was a way to adjust it's size through a setting somewhere, or is there an event type for displaying text that I'm missing? Other than that I figured I could create images and have them display, but this might eat up into the size of the game files itself. 

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, CosakiGames said:

I will refer you to this recent thread which I link 2 methods to do this:

Thanks! I'll have to mess around with this for sure. I was hoping there was a way I could have the normal text boxes alongside the larger ones,  but ah well.

Not sure if this helps, but im currently building a book system as well, using items, images and events. I have an image of a blank open book that I edit with GIMP and put text on it, and do that for each page. I have an item of a particular book that calls a common event(one event for every book) when used. The event is just "Show Image" with "click to close"  and "wait until closed" selected, and copy that for every page(image) in the book.

Hope this makes sense/helps!!