GvG,Caravan,Boss

Fondep

Question

Hello, I have three questions.

1. My question is, when a boss I created is killed, I want all the players to see the name of the kill player.

2. My question is I want to make a gvg field. active during certain hours. I want to prevent the deceased player ,from re-entering or to determine the winner by setting a certain death-by-death quota. And I want everyone to see the name of the winning guild.

3. Question In the game, I want to change the character with a mounted sprite through a certain scroll and have this character buy certain items and sell them to a different region via npc. However, when the character is killed on the way, I want to make sure that someone else can get the items and that the dead character returns to the previous sprite (Caravan system)
How can I do these?

7 answers to this question

1. Create a common event, run that event when the NPC is killed, make it say (global) something like: "\pn has killed *boss*!"

2. I haven't played around with guilds that much, but you can do 'Player Death' conditional events along with condition 'Map Is', next part perhaps by using variables, though unless you want to edit the source I would recommend keeping this feature very simple, high risk for errors.

3. Editing source would be the best way to do this, you can probably work around it if you simplify it. Are you talking about a quest where you deliver items to an NPC? If so, a item that uses spell transform with a timer would be simple, and make the items drop upon death (I believe that's a setting in the item editor)

Overall, making edits to the source code is your best bet for question 2 & 3.

1 hour ago, froggy said:

1. Create a common event, run that event when the NPC is killed, make it say (global) something like: "\pn has killed *boss*!"

2. I haven't played around with guilds that much, but you can do 'Player Death' conditional events along with condition 'Map Is', next part perhaps by using variables, though unless you want to edit the source I would recommend keeping this feature very simple, high risk for errors.

3. Editing source would be the best way to do this, you can probably work around it if you simplify it. Are you talking about a quest where you deliver items to an NPC? If so, a item that uses spell transform with a timer would be simple, and make the items drop upon death (I believe that's a setting in the item editor)

Overall, making edits to the source code is your best bet for question 2 & 3.

1.can you show me visually how to do this?

12 hours ago, Fondep said:

1.can you show me visually how to do this?

Shouldn't be necessary with a video or images.. a short step by step:

1. Create Common Event

2. 'Add Chatbox Text' under command, make it say what you want when the NPC dies, typing \pn will call the name of the player who killed it, set Channel to: Global.

For example: \pn has killed the boss of death!

3. Create NPC(boss)

4. Bottom part of the NPC Editor, select your common event 'For Killer' or party if you want.

1 hour ago, froggy said:

Shouldn't be necessary with a video or images.. a short step by step:

1. Create Common Event

2. 'Add Chatbox Text' under command, make it say what you want when the NPC dies, typing \pn will call the name of the player who killed it, set Channel to: Global.

For example: \pn has killed the boss of death!

3. Create NPC(boss)

4. Bottom part of the NPC Editor, select your common event 'For Killer' or party if you want.

Thank you for your help.how can we send a global message when the boss appears? My only problem right now is gvg

2 hours ago, Fondep said:

Thank you for your help.how can we send a global message when the boss appears? My only problem right now is gvg

There is no direct function for that, but you can work around it with something like this:

So in the same common event where you announce the death of the NPC, do another row with the 'Wait...' command, set the amount of time until the NPC respawns, then do another global message.

Example:

Row 1: NPC Dies & Global Message
Row 2: Wait for xx seconds (monster respawn time)

Row 3: Announce boss spawn global message

Or if someone else has a better way..

1 hour ago, froggy said:

There is no direct function for that, but you can work around it with something like this:

So in the same common event where you announce the death of the NPC, do another row with the 'Wait...' command, set the amount of time until the NPC respawns, then do another global message.

Example:

Row 1: NPC Dies & Global Message
Row 2: Wait for xx seconds (monster respawn time)

Row 3: Announce boss spawn global message

Or if someone else has a better way..

I understand. Thank you for your interest. I'm going to try

If you don't want them to re-enter, my assumption is you don't want this map to be accessible outside of the GvG event, right? so a standalone "instanced" event sort of?
I know this is a little older but i'm interested in something similar, so I'll spitball for  question #2 until I can actually try myself:
Have whatever mechanism you want (key, text command whatever) that can only be used during your certain hours (there's a whole separate guide on how to do that by Weylon)

When the event is triggered, set a player variable from 0 to 1, and a global variable from 0 to 1. 
 I'd imagine you'd want some sort of "lobby" so guilds can organize ahead of the actual event. So from the above time trigger, use a wait for whatever duration until the event start, then warp them in or unlock a door/gate to the field with a global var. Set the global variable back to 0, preventing the lobby/entrance area on the event timer from being able to be accessed anymore.  At the end of the duration of the GvG, set player variables back to 0. 
Add an event on respawn that changes the player variable back to 0, and maybe one for login that checks if its =1. If so, warp them out and set to 0.

Some of my PvP event ideas include also group vs. group where each team has a variable counter for # of respawns; each death on their team respawns them inside still but -1 to the variable. Once that reaches -4 (assuming 4-man teams, I'd go to -4 to account for initial lives; should tell me when they're completely wiped) then the event ends. 

I have a ton of other work to do but now that i've done all this brainstorming I may take a try this weekend xD let me know if you've already done it and if you had any success/challenges!