The "Server Variable Transfer Tool"

Daywalkr

Hey all!

I recently ran into a problem: I had a server, running on a host (thanks JC), that had active players runnin' around, having a good time. This meant that there were some server variables, like a "highest combo" count, that were being updated.

Then, I made some updates myself, on my localhost'd server, and pushed up my modified "gamedata.db" to my hosted server.

It was at that moment that I realized that I just overwrote every server variable's value! All those leaderboards since the last update, any world boss timers, etc. Gone.

Oops.

So, I wrote a little python tool to remedy that!

You can get the tool, and see the readme, here: https://github.com/AlexVild/Server-Variable-Transfer-Tool

Please note that this only works with sqlite files - no MySql support is planned.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR GAMEDATA.DB FILES. I am NOT responsible for any corruptions of databases, or lost progress that you have made. If you have backups, then you will be perfectly safe. Without backups, however, this could totally corrupt your database. I haven't seen it happen, but I'm not saying it's impossible.

Anyway, enjoy! Hope it's useful to some and not too confusing