World stopped

Weylon Santana

Question

At some point, while I was doing something, I don't remember what, everyone stopped, npcs stopped, it wasn't possible to send a message in the chat, etc., but the server didn't crash and there was no error, whoever was in the game didn't took off, but the world didn't work, it was like you were a ghost there.

The error only comes when closing the server, this one below, I was wondering if anyone knows what it can be?

Can I report even without having "step playback?"

2021-10-05 01:50:01.295 [Error] 
    Stack:    em Lidgren.Network.NetException.Assert(Boolean isOk, String message) na C:\Users\primero\git\agd\lidgren-network-gen3\Lidgren.Network\NetException.cs:linha 62
   em Lidgren.Network.NetReliableSenderChannel.ReceiveAcknowledge(Double now, Int32 seqNr) na C:\Users\primero\git\agd\lidgren-network-gen3\Lidgren.Network\NetReliableSenderChannel.cs:linha 246
   em Lidgren.Network.NetConnection.Heartbeat(Double now, UInt32 frameCounter) na C:\Users\primero\git\agd\lidgren-network-gen3\Lidgren.Network\NetConnection.cs:linha 255
   em Lidgren.Network.NetPeer.Heartbeat() na C:\Users\primero\git\agd\lidgren-network-gen3\Lidgren.Network\NetPeer.Internal.cs:linha 379
   em Lidgren.Network.NetPeer.ExecutePeerShutdown() na C:\Users\primero\git\agd\lidgren-network-gen3\Lidgren.Network\NetPeer.Internal.cs:linha 268
   em Lidgren.Network.NetPeer.NetworkLoop() na C:\Users\primero\git\agd\lidgren-network-gen3\Lidgren.Network\NetPeer.Internal.cs:linha 236
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   em System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

5 answers to this question

On 10/8/2021 at 1:24 AM, Cheshire said:

Sounds like a deadlock somewhere, are you able to reproduce it or did it just happen once out of nowhere? 

I spent all morning trying to reproduce this error, both on localhost and online, I couldn't reproduce it, I think it happened sporadically, it only happened 3 times before I created this post and then not anymore.

Yeah, a deadlock is essentially an issue that happens because several threads try and modify the same data locks and are all waiting for eachother slowly bogging the system down until it just stops processing and everything is waiting. 

I imagine it's not a common issue, though if you can find any clues I'd be happy to take a look at it because that's definitely not something that's supposed to happen. 

Do you happen to know which version of the engine you're running? I know 6.2 has some known deadlocks we resolved.

6 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

Yeah, a deadlock is essentially an issue that happens because several threads try and modify the same data locks and are all waiting for eachother slowly bogging the system down until it just stops processing and everything is waiting. 

I imagine it's not a common issue, though if you can find any clues I'd be happy to take a look at it because that's definitely not something that's supposed to happen. 

Do you happen to know which version of the engine you're running? I know 6.2 has some known deadlocks we resolved.

I always have the latest pre-release version. (today 126)

The only thing I remember well is that I was doing a test by modifying some global variables and send chat messages to see values.

I tried to redo everything I did when I made this post but it didn't happen again, I tried to speed up the modification of global variables, quickly modifying 2-3 variables at same time in short time intervals with chat messages between changes and still the error didn't come back to happen, that's when I didn't know what to do to reproduce.